Our Framework Ensures That Youth Thrive
The Thriving Framework
Every Camp Fire program employs our framework for thriving, a research-based, measurable approach to youth development. Our approach, created in partnership with the Thrive Foundation for Youth, enables youth to achieve their full potential by:
- IDENTIFY SPARKS – Identifying and growing Sparks and Spark Champions.
- GROWTH – Adopting a growth mindset (the belief that you can learn new skills all the time).
- GOALS – Building goal management skills.
- REFLECT – Creating the opportunity to reflect on activities and outcomes.
Equipped with these skills, and with the support of trained, caring adults, Camp Fire participants are more likely to:
- Stay in school
- Demonstrate social competence
- Lead a healthy lifestyle
- Be environmentally conscious
- Have a sense of purpose
- Achieve their full potential
Every day, we see youth building positive relationships, learning life skills that include self-reflection and goal management, and practicing these skills in our Out-Of-School-Time, Camp and Environmental Education, and Teen Service and Leadership programs.