The work we do is important work. It makes a difference in the lives of children, families, and senior citizens we serve. Your time, talent and financial support are key to our ability to continue our work and to expand our reach within our community.
Please consider supporting us in our work through one or more of the opportunities listed below.
Ways to Get Involved
Personal Contribution - A gift by cash or check may be mailed to the Baltimore Camp Fire office or a secure donation by credit card may be made here online.
Matching Gifts - Your employer may match your charitable contribution to Camp Fire. Please contact your company’s human resources department for further information.
Corporate Sponsorships - Individuals and corporations can support our special events through underwriting opportunities
Volunteer - Camp Fire has a variety of volunteer opportunities available:
- Have a Party: Have lots of friends that like to socialize and care about their community? Host a house party to raise awareness about Camp Fire's promise and offer the opportunity to support our programs.
- After-School Program Volunteer: Do you enjoy helping kids learn new things? Assist a Camp Fire facilitator in delivering our project-based curriculum to elementary school students. Programs take place during after-school hours.
- Partnership Development: Do you have connections in the field of youth development? Assist our CEO in approaching new program partners for the upcoming school year.
- Board and Committee Service: Do you have expertise in marketing, public relations, fundraising or finance? Join one of our Board committees and help us work towards our organizational goals. Opportunities for Board service are available through a vetted nomination process. For more information, contact our CEO.
- Youth Service opportunities: Serve on our youth advisory committee, as a youth member of our Board of Directors, or as a part of our service learning community—Teens in Action.
United Way/CFC Contributions—Please designate Camp Fire in your campaign Contributions Camp Fire USA Patuxent Area Council, Inc,
- Combine Federal Campaign Number 67182
- United Way of the National Capitol Area Number 8333
- United Way of Central Maryland 925229
- Commonwealth of Virginia Campaign 8169
Amazon Smile- If you use Amazon—you can really help us in your day to day purchases. (for greater help combine this with the Gift Certificate program below to help us earn More)
- Using your Amazon account –got to smile.amazon.com, On your first visit to AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.com), you need to select a charitable organization to receive donations. Each time you login your purchases will go to Camp Fire Patuxent.
- We are listed as: Camp Fire USA Patuxent Area Council
We are now authorized to receive funds on Facebook. You can host a fundraiser for the organization or can participate in one that is already going. Go to our Camp Fire Patuxent Page on Facebook to get more Info or Contact the office.
Gift Certificate Program –
- You can order Gift Certificates through our Scrip Program. There are 100’s of vendors who work with non-profits to help them with fundraising. Each time you purchase a gift certificate, a portion of the proceeds from that sale are donated to Camp Fire.
- There are two types of Cards
- Traditional plastic gift cards
- Or Instant order gift cards Scrip Now—you can order and print from your computer printer for last minute gifts
- Reloadable gift cards—great for those places you shop at frequently.
For more information on the program go to www.shopwithscrip.com. You can register and use a direct payment plan to pay for your scrip. CAMP FIRES Enrollment Code: 1EAL3DD3153L5
- Go to your Control Center and Change your homepage to Goodsearch.org. Register for Camp Fire USA Patuxent Area and we will receive 1 cent for every search you make.
Make an Individual Contribution to support our work
Send a Check to PO Box 763, Bowie MD 20178 or click here to donate now!
Without the generosity of the local community, Camp Fire Patuxent Area would not be able to fulfill our promise of helping youth find their spark. Your investment in our future makes a difference today, and for years to come.
Camp Fire is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization. All donations are eligible for tax deduction.